Experienced, top notch legal secretary needed for small independent attorney in the Houston Galleria area. Experience in probate is preferred.
This office consists of one attorney, one paralegal/office manager, and one secretary/receptionist. The secretary/ receptionist position includes receptionist duties for the office as well as secretarial duties for the attorney and the paralegal.
This position must be filled by a person who has good secretarial skills, who has initiative, is a self-starter, is dependable, very organized, accurate and thorough as attention to detail is a must, has good communication skills, and good computer skills.
Under general direction, the secretary/receptionist performs a variety of complex and responsible legal secretarial work performing a full range of duties in support of the attorney and the paralegal and the ongoing operations of the office. Duties include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Answering all incoming calls, greeting clients, screening calls, forwarding calls to appropriate party, taking messages, and maintaining a log of calls and meetings;
- Typing of legal documents and correspondence from verbal or written instructions, transcription, rough drafts, dictation, notes, or other materials using knowledge of work area instructions;
- Produce a quality copy of a wide variety of legal documents such as letters, memoranda, spreadsheets, tax returns, etc.;
- Attention to detail is a must and accurate proofing of work is imperative to ensure work is in proper format;
- Maintain time and billing program, as well as library and document vault;
- May advance to office management role.
This position is full-time, temporary to hire. Excellent fringe benefits and highly competitive salary. Contact Celeste at (281) 331-0342, or forward resume to Resumes@tei-staffing.com
Find a TEI Office