Responsibilities and Requirements
- Associate Degree in Instrumentation is preferred
- Trade school and/or 3-5 minimum commensurate experience in chemical plant instrumentation and electrical maintenance
- Mechanical aptitude and ability with “hands-on" experience
- Must be able to communicate (read and write) in English, additional languages are a plus
- Proficient in operation of manual and power-driven tools and equipment
- Ability to read and understand P&ID’s, general arrangements, and electrical drawings/ schematics
- Must be able to handle multiple tasks and projects as required with little or no direct instructions
- Proficiency in performing required operation, sequences and tasks with reasonable speed and accuracy
- Ability to modify existing programs and control loop for optimum performance
- Ability to update schematics, ladder logic and P&ID’s as required
- Ability to install, troubleshoot, repair, and calibrate valves, transmitters, etc.
- Ability to maintain/troubleshoot electronic and pneumatic control loops and equipment on routine and emergency basis
- Ability to write control and HMI applications
- Willingness and ability to travel domestically and internationally on short notice
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a valid US passport and TWIC card
- Work and communicate effectively with clients, other professionals and staff members
- Must successfully pass a drug and alcohol screening test and background check
This is a contract to hire position located in Dickinson, Texas.
Salary range for this position is $55,000-$65,000 depending on education and experience.
Please submit resumes to Alvin@tei-staffing.com
Equal Opportunity Employer
Find a TEI Office
Candidate Resource Center